" Recieve Error ""Server.CreateObject Failed"" When Clicking on a Category"
over 12 years ago | Article no. 2131
0 stars 0 ratings
THIS ARTICLE APPLIES TO:
All versions of Knowledgebase.
When clicking on the name of a category within Category Management of the KB Admin Control Panel the following error is received:
Server object error 'ASP 0177 : 800401f3' /P>
/kb/category/viewCat.asp, line 76
The referenced DLL package is not registered correctly.
SOLUTION OR WORK AROUND:
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Application server using an account that has administrative privileges.
- Click Start then Programs. Next click Administrative Tools then Component Services .
- In the Component Services window, expand My Computer then COM+ Applications.
- Right-click the Knowledgebase_ArticleAccess package and choose to shut it down.
- Expand this package, then expand the Components Folder.
- Remove the component called ecrmArticles.articleAccess.
- Right-click the Components folder and choose New.
- Click the Next Button on the wizard.
- Click Install New Components
- Select the file x:\ Program Files\KnowledgeBase.Net\knowledgebase\applicationprogram\comobjects\ArticleAccess\ecrmArticles.dll
- Click OK, then continue with the wizard.
- Right-click the Knowledgebase_ArticlesAccess package and choose to start it up.
AFFECTED SYSTEMS & USERS:
Administrators and Internal Users.
If you have additional questions, please contact our Support group at 877-373-7848 (option 2) or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.