Activating the Resume Suspended Chat Session Option
over 12 years ago | Article no. 2133
0 stars 0 ratings
THIS ARTICLE APPLIES TO:
Moxie Channels NetAgent (Chat) version 7.0 and later.
In order to resume a suspended chat session, the following must be done:Configure the Resume Session Option in the Moxie Channels Web Administrator
- Navigate to Chat, then select Portal Builder and select the Questionnaire tab.
- Click on the name of the questionnaire for the Service Line for which you wish to enable the Suspended Chat Session feature.
- Click on the Add Question button found toward the bottom of the page.
- Add an appropriate question in the Question/Description field such as 'Would you like to resume your earlier Chat?'
- Click on the dropdown arrow for the 'Type of Element' and select the 'check for resume session' option.
- Click [UPDATE] to save the changes.
When a Customer requests the ability to suspend the chat and return to it later:
- The Agent must check and make sure the customer has enabled cookies in Internet Explorer (Note: Customer will be unable to return to the chat session if they do not have IE configured to accept cookies.)
- The Agent will suspend the chat by clicking on the blue suspend chat icon.
Resuming the Suspended Chat Session
- The customer can resume the suspended chat by going back to portal and clicking on the Request Chat icon.
- The login screen will have the option to resume chat selected. (If the customer wants to start a new chat, they will have to uncheck the resume chat option.)
AFFECTED SYSTEMS & USERS:
Agents and Customers.
If you have additional questions, please contact our Support group at 877-373-7848 (option 2) or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.